Friday, February 26, 2016

Conservatorships and Nursing Homes

Dan Williams, Esq.

Should a nursing home be able to obtain a conservatorship through the probate court, when the patient has previously designated a power of attorney for their financial needs?  In recent weeks, I have had a number of clients seeking advice about what to do in that exact situation.  A conservator is a court appointed individual who makes financial decisions for a person who is incompetent or incapacitated.  There are ways to contest a nursing home’s petition for a conservatorship, but you need to contact a probate litigation specialist who can properly review your case and, advise and represent you in challenging such a petition.

At Fausone Bohn, LLP, Dan Williams focuses on probate disputes.   If you have an estate planning issue, or believe that you may need to go to Court to right a wrong with a loved one’s estate plan, give us a call at (248) 380-0000.

No comments:

Post a Comment